Halfway through October already, and we have a busy class calendar and a new lunch menu.
There are a variety of classes on our calendar to choose from
- 19 October – Flavours of the East
- 23 October – Karoo on a plate
- 25 October – Baking sweet and savoury
- 25 October – South African Classics – afternoon
- 26 October – Mastering Meat with Dylan Jones.
- We’re really looking forward to a visit from Dylan Jones of The Commissary in Cape Town who will be presenting with Chef Alexa a full day guide through the processes of deboning, marinating, rolling, stuffing and bbq Karoo lamb. Book now
- 7 November – Karoo on plate
- 8 November – South African Classics
- 19 November – Christmas on a plate
More courses listed on the website, including Kids Cooking for the school holidays and our ever popular #cookandstay accommodation and class offer for two or four people. Join Chef Alexa and her team in the kitchen this summer for a true Karoo experience.
31 October. Making fresh pasta at home. Join us as Alexa teaches you how to make your own pasta at home. 5:30-7:30pm R295 pp
In the Deli & new daily lunch menu
The deli has new stock of our popular products plus new choices; Lapalisse Walnut Oil, White Anchovy Boquerones, Nomu vanilla paste and black garlic. Remember we bake and sell various breads from Wednesday – Saturday.
With the summer weather and verandahs open we are now serving coffee cake plus light meals such as;
- Smoked marinated Kudu Carpaccio served on a delicate choux pastry.
- A fresh summer salad with smoked Trout rolled in toasted sesame seeds.
- Plus a tasty selection of local cheese, venison charcuterie, relishes, pickles, preserves and patés served with freshly baked bread or ciabatta toast.
Introducing new Summer dishes to the evening menu.
- A slow roasted shoulder of lamb cooked in red wine, garlic, onion and garden herbs served with, mustard seed mash, spicy roasted butternut and spekboom salsa.
- A tasty vegan curry with spinach and sweet potato, red curry paste, ginger, garlic and coconut milk topped with roasted cashew nuts and chopped fresh coriander. Served with basmati rice.
- Plus roasted free range chicken leg quarter with za’taar, sumac, cumin and charred lemons. Served with fruity couscous and a mint yoghurt dressing topped with fresh chopped parsley
For even more reasons to visit:
- The Karoo GravelGrinder is a 3 day luxury social cycling and culinary experience.
- The annual LeesFees 1 – 3 November.
- Summer performances at The Showroom –
- 2 November – Tanja Storm – Eva Cassidy tribute
- 7 November – PADS fundraiser – CATS
- 30 November – Eric Nobbs
- 14 December – Mathys Roets
- 21 December – Madeleine Barnard
- 31 December – Oldies but Goldies
Join us in the Karoo for a summer food travel adventure, whether it be a botanical walk, Foodie Tour, lazy days by the pool or a class in the kitchen we will make it a culinary experience to remember.